- 18-20 ounces pizza dough
- 4-5 heaping spoonfuls Fig + Earl Grey Preserves
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto, as desired
- 1/4 cup of fontina cheese
- 1-2 cups fresh arugula (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4-5 fresh figs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for the crust
- Preheat the oven to 500° F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12-inch crust.
- Place a small handful of cornmeal onto your rolling location (countertop or a marble board works best) and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel.
- Top with a light coating of olive oil.
- Spread the fig jam over the dough until lightly but fully covered.
- Add the fontina cheese first and then top with the prosciutto.
- Slide finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook.
- While the pizza is cooking toss the arugula and balsamic vinegar together in a large bowl.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, top with fresh, dressed arugula and fresh figs.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar as desired and serve.
A Gift We Think You Might Like